C.G. Drews's Reviews > The Battle of the Labyrinth

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

bookshelves: 4-star, read-2015, young-adult, magical-fantasy, paranormal

CAN I JUST SAY THAT I HAVE WARMED UP TO ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE BOOKS?!! I started rather dubious with 3-star ratings, but they've quickly climbed to 4. I'm sucked in. I'm a worm on a hook. Just staaahp everything and let me keep reading. (I literally read 3 books in one week.) Although they still haven't quite hit the pinnacle of "absolute awesome" for me. Maybe the last book?! omg! I'm nearly finished this first series!

So I loved the plot of this one a lot more. It felt more varied. It's still the same structure (starts at school, burns school, goes to camp Half Blood, goes on quest, ends at Camp Half Blood, goes back to school) but the action was more varied and not just battling. Which I enjoyed. And MORE ANNABETH! I seriously missed her when she got kidnapped in the last book. Although Percy is hopelessly clueless and it's getting kind of ridiculous. ALTHOUGH. He is a boy. And a teenager. It's still mildly adorable (and not too frustrating) that he doesn't see Annabeth likes him. i'm very worried he'll flirt accidentally with Rachel Dare and then Annabeth will never speak to him again. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN. I SHIP PERCABETH, DUH.

Also Nico. Can we just talk about how cute he is in a black shirt and leather sort of hellish way? I love Nico although I do kind of think the SOLE purpose of Bianca's death was to drive Nico into being semi-evillish. And I cry a little because there were SO many opportunities for Percy to say "yes, Nico, we can be friends" and he NEVER DID. And in the end (view spoiler)

As always the way the Greek myths are modernised are THE BEST. I really love it when I recognise a myth! (I knew the minatour story!) And at the same time, I love the twists. Like the part where Annabeth has to crack riddles to get across a part of the maze and she decides the questions are too easy and insult her intelligence. I seriously love Annabeth.

I really don't have much to say in this review...(the books are starting to merge in my head) just I liked this book the best! The ending was perfection and and and....

I cannot wait for the finale.

*whispers* But also about Luke: (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Battle of the Labyrinth.

Quotes C.G. Liked

Rick Riordan
“Don't feel bad, I'm usually about to die.”
Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth

January 16, 2015 – Started Reading
January 16, 2015 – Shelved
January 16, 2015 –
page 90
26.32% "Camp Half Blood has a doorway to the Labyrinth and NO ONE HAPPENED TO FIND IT UNTIL JUST NOW????"
January 17, 2015 – Shelved as: 4-star
January 17, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
January 17, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult
January 17, 2015 – Shelved as: magical-fantasy
January 17, 2015 – Finished Reading
January 26, 2015 – Shelved as: paranormal

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Abby I like Luke too! ❤ Can't wait for you to read the last book! ;) Avooooid spoilers bc the last is the bomb *evil laugh*

C.G. Drews @Abby: I am like going nowhere NEAR anything that could possibly contain spoilers >_<

@Tara: I JUST LIKE LUKE STILL.

Shelumiel Delos Santos Yaaaay! And, yeah, Annabeth is Annabeth. (Missed her too during Titan's Curse.) And Nico! He's one of my favorite characters (2nd series included)! Please, please AVOID SPOILERS AT ALL COST.

Michelle {Book Hangovers} I have yet to read any of the Percy Jackson books. Just like with Harry Potter, I didn't start those books til, hmmmm, 2 years ago!! I even have the Percy Jackson books initial bookcase!!! Definitely should get on those sometimes this year!!!!

C.G. Drews @Shelumiel: I AM TRYING TO AVOID SPOILERS!! I'm not going near any posts, any pinterest boards, any reviews until I finish. *nods*

@Michelle: I didn't start HP until like a year ago either!! So you are not alone!