Dianne's Reviews > Shadows Have Gone

Shadows Have Gone by Lissa Bryan

bookshelves: arc-read, netgalley, own

I laughed, I cried, I was gently amused, but what could I expect? Times are tough, no one is trustworthy and yet there is a sweet innocence about some characters that hit you right between the eyes; they are always so positive and wanting to see the best in others. Once again, Lissa Bryan has taken the handoff from a previous book and run with it at breakneck speeds with barely a misstep in sight! Shadows Have Gone is the third book of her The End of All Things series, and you know what? I read book one, didn’t’ read book two and STILL remembered the characters, remembered how they were and can see who they have become. Pure chance or great writing on the part of a gifted author? I don’t believe in chance, soooo…that leaves the talent of Lissa Bryan.

Carly and Justin have seen and lived through more evil than anyone should ever have to. Carly has gone from an innocent to a survivor, doing things she never thought she could or would. She is learning to stand on her own two feet and not rely so heavily on others. Sadly, they are all learning not to trust anyone else completely, because survival, fear and anger brings out both the best and the worst in people and the groove they have cut out for themselves is once again, being threatened. What is so special about those she loves around her? What secrets have been shadowed to protect her from a selfless truth that could destroy her?

Lissa Bryan’s world is often bleak and frightening, but there remains a pinprick of light at the end of the tunnel, just when the shadows seem ready to swallow her characters whole. Justin and Carly have their own unique strengths; one is the warrior, the other the more fragile giver, but who is the strongest or the most important? Can you truly have survival without both? Get ready for some white-knuckle post-apocalyptic intrigue, suspense and action as two regular people learn the hard way how to survive and love. When you are finished, I’ll bet you’ll be wondering how you would do in a world gone mad.

I received this ARC edition from The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House in exchange for my honest review.

Series: The End of All Things - Book 3
Publication Date: March 15, 2015
ISBN: 9781612133744
Genre: Adult Fiction
Reviewed for: http://tometender.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows Have Gone.

January 15, 2015 – Shelved
January 15, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 26, 2015 – Shelved as: arc-read
January 26, 2015 – Shelved as: netgalley
January 26, 2015 – Shelved as: own
Started Reading
January 27, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] This series sounds so good!

Dianne Carol [Goodreads addict] wrote: "This series sounds so good!"It is!