Tanya Johnson's Reviews > The Gatekeeper's Saga

The Gatekeeper's Saga by Eva Pohler

Jan 15, 2015

This series is great. It has a great combination of greek mythology, romance and suspense. I highly recommend reading this series as you will not be disappointed.

The Gatekeeper's Sons: I am a huge fan of Greek Mythology so when I stumbled upon this book I had to check it out to see what it was all about....WWWWEEEELLLL let me tell you that I am so happy that I did! I love how Eva combines modern day with that of the Greek Gods. The Characters, Theresa andare so great together and make such a great storyline but then you have the added twist of Than's twin Hip! Eva does a great job at describing the people, surroundings and events.

The Gatekeeper's Challenge: Therese has been away from Than for almost a year and life hasn't been easy. Than has however been trying to find a way to make Therese a god without going against the promise he made to the God's. In the grand scheme of things Hades has agreed to help in making her a god if she completes a series of challenges that basically Therese is destined to fail.

This book picks up where book 1 left off and I have to say that I am absolutely loving this series!! I feel in love with Therese and Than in the first book and their struggle to be together. This book is a continuation of their strength together and their will to find a way to be together forever!

The Gatekeeper's Daughter: Book 2 left off with Therese finally becoming a god and you would think life would be good for her and Than..nope now she must find her purpose and if she doesn't she will become mortal again. Then to top this off Ares is after her...life as a god just isn't easy LOL

I absolutely love this series and as it goes on I am loving them even more. Just like the previous two books I didn't want to stop reading. I need to find out what will happen to Therese and Than as well as what those pesky and not so pesky gods would do. I absolutely love the different personalities of the gods and how well Eva combines them into the modern world.

The Gatekeeper's House: Book 4 picks right up where book 3 left off and the author does such a great job of making the story flow you don't feel like you're on a new book :) There is a great combination of greek mythology, romance, and on the edge of your seat suspense you are going to fall in love with the story, characters and the author! A great read in an already great series!

The Gatekeeper's Secret: This is the fifth book of the series and once again Eva didn't disappoint. Therese and Than are planning to get married and Pete is desperately trying to tell her something. When she doesn't answer him, he goes to the one who he feels could help Zeus (we all know this is not good). This then sets off another series of events that test Therese and her desire to make everything right.

Eva once again writes a great book

The Gatekeeper's Promise: This is the final book in the series and let me tell you I was enthralled with the story right from the start. There was so much that was going on in this book both with the main characters and the gods. Therese and Than are expecting their twins and there is still a "war" going on amongst the gods then to top it off, Jen is pulled into it.

I loved how the story progressed and how it ended, I just hope there is more to come (perhaps a spinoff with Hip and Jen) :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gatekeeper's Saga.

January 15, 2015 – Shelved