Sarah Dizon's Reviews > Darklight

Darklight by Lesley Livingston

Aug 15, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, library, read-in-2011, 3-stars

I think the reason I gave Darklight by Lesley Livingston 3 stars instead of 4 is because it had been so long since I had read Wondrous Strange. I have a vague recollection of what happened in Wondrous Strange and if I had read the books closer together Darklight would have gotten a solid 4. With that aside, here's the review:

The world that Lesley Livingston has created is amazing! I love the Janus Guard and the different courts of Fae and the rivalries. Sonny is a great guy, with a good heart but has had bad circumstances. He has to deal with tough decisions that Kelley might not understand.

Kelley deals with a side of herself that she would rather deny, and realizes that sometimes people aren't always what they seem. It's tough growing up in the first place, but even tougher growing up believing you were a different person. Kelley has to try to meld her Fae side and her "human" side.

The plot is captivating and we learn even more about the Wild Hunt, and Mabh. There are surprises around every corner and Darklight is a wonderful sequel. Unique additions to Fae mythology, and interesting characters. Kelley is definitely relateable, because I'm sure everyone at one time or another has felt like they don't belong.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darklight.

August 15, 2010 – Shelved