Sarah's Reviews > Wanderlust Creek and Other Stories

Wanderlust Creek and Other Stories by Elisabeth Grace  Foley

bookshelves: homeschool-author, on-my-kindle, 2016-reads, historical-fiction

Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: 12 and up for mild violence and very mild romance

If you like old western movies, Foley is a great writer for you. Her style is very close to those old black-and-white movies that so many of us love. Her stories are devoid of blush-worthy content and are a pleasure to read. If there is one downside I would say it is the use of euphemisms. Most of the time it didn’t bother me except in one story (sorry, I don’t remember which one) where it was a bit excessive.

The Rush at Mattie Arnolds and Wanderlust Creek were my favorite out of the whole series. The Rush was fun simply because of all the characters, each interesting and unique. Wanderlust was a sweet story of a husband and wife, but it was also intriguing and full of mystery.

All of the stories gave me a nostalgic feeling. It is like watching one of your favorite black-and-white movies, or reading a charming old book. It leaves you feeling happy and satisfied. It slows you down from the modern break-neck speed of most stories.

I highly recommend this to those looking for nostalgic reads, those who like old-style westerns, and short stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanderlust Creek and Other Stories.

January 14, 2015 – Shelved