Hasini (Ink On Paper)'s Reviews > The Tuesday Blade

The Tuesday Blade by Bob Ottum

6196207
So, The Tuesday Blade had a good plot line. I liked how Gloria's past influenced and I loved the character of Sergeant DeMario.

But there were some stuff that I did not like at all too. First, the writing style is pretty confusing most of the time. There was too much dialogue with not enough description. Sometimes it was like reading a character's lines in a play.

Also, the ending seemed to lack something. There was no climatic moment in any part of the book and the end of the book just sort of petered out.

I wish there had been more DeMario in the story and that there'd been more of a connection between characters and reader. The only way I can briefly describe is that it was an okay book but it lacked that 'boom!'
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tuesday Blade.

January 13, 2015 – Shelved
January 13, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 13, 2015 – Shelved as: given-to-me
February 18, 2016 – Started Reading
February 18, 2016 –
page 52
27.66% "Woah! This girl's like born serial killer material! *nervous laughing*"
February 20, 2016 –
February 20, 2016 –
page 166
February 21, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Jil (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jil Ross Now mind you I read this book in 1978, I was 14. I'd completed Are You There God, It's Me, Margeret and wanted to read something mature. I grew up in a very Catholic household and was totally intrigued with this book; the NY scene, prostitution... Fascinated about it all. I didn't know then how to judge books on the same depth that I do now. But I did enjoy the book and it was a memorable read.