Urmilesh's Reviews > Yatrik: The Traveller

Yatrik by Arnab Ray

liked it
bookshelves: kindle-owned

I started on this book during a plane ride, and was somewhat unhappy that the plane was on time - since that meant I had to get away from the book for a while.

You could probably divide the book into three logical parts, and it kept getting better as you moved from one part to the next. Even if you account for the limitation of needing to set up the story, the first part of the book wasn't really as taut as I would have liked. You would need to stick with the book and not give up (which I think most will do given the credentials of Arnab), and you shall be duly rewarded.

Though it's fiction, the book makes you think and reflect at some points (especially towards the end), and you could learn a thing or two about yourself depending on how deeply you end up introspecting. It is difficult to stay spoiler free while trying to explain what the author did well - so I will not try. But this was well worth my time and money.

I would have given 3.5 stars if Goodreads allowed me to - I'm docking points for a faltering beginning because I feel that could push away most readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yatrik.

January 11, 2015 – Started Reading
January 13, 2015 – Shelved
January 13, 2015 –
0.0% "I just finished Yatrik: The Traveller and gave it 3 stars."
January 13, 2015 – Finished Reading