usagi ☆ミ's Reviews > Our Alliance - A Lasting Partnership (わたしたちの同盟 — 永続的パートナーシップ) 1

Our Alliance - A Lasting Partnership (わたしたちの同盟 — 永続的パートナーシップ) 1 by HIRAI Yukio

Aug 13, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, manga-and-comics, lol, non-fiction, what-is-this-i-dont-even, history, get-off-my-lawn-you-damn-kids, best-of-10, favorites-manga, reviewed
Read 2 times. Last read August 13, 2010.

I'd been hearing about the US Military and the Japan SDF putting out a manga explaining the various security treaties that bind them together to the public in order to help ease the unrest following the USM moving their main base from Okinawa to Kagoshima. I was so excited.

Internet, this is totally adorable. It was everything I wanted and more. The facts are accurate, too. I applaud both the JSDF and the USM for their transparency on the 50 year history between both militaries.

I really hope this becomes available in hardcopy - once it does, I am totally going to buy a copy for me and my friends.

PS: The translation, should you not speak Japanese (or, if like me, you needed help with the military-related kanji) can be located here: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/our_all...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Alliance - A Lasting Partnership (わたしたちの同盟 — 永続的パートナーシップ) 1.