Patricia's Reviews > Marriage Minded Lord

Marriage Minded Lord by Sandra Sookoo

19704755

bookshelves: reviewed, sandra-sookoo, read-2015, reviewed-2015

Every now and then, I drift into the work of a new author. Sometimes, I read part of a book, a whole book...and sometimes I realise that I should, in truth, make a Goodreads shelf for yet another author.
Meet Sandra Sookoo, creator extraordinaire. She creates a fanciful story of jealousy, mild blackmail, scheming mamas, and totaly reprehensible villains.
In this story, she draws her main characters with loving care. Their development is fast, and colorful, their attraction to each other obvious, and mysterious. With the turn of each page (or tap on the screen, to be more accurate, if somewhat less romantic), she colors in the characters, and their world, a little more completely. She provides all the standard lines - his handsome profile, the neckline of her dress - and adds in such wonderful touches as a deep, colorful description of the dessert - just prior to it being dumped in the villainess' lap! It was at that moment that I fell in love with this book.
And there is that.
Why does this little detail catch me? What makes the hero even see the heroine? Who knows what drives love? An eternal imponderable is once again presented -and the answer to the question remains elusive, as another set of characters set off on the road to happily ever after.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marriage Minded Lord.

Finished Reading