Liane Marie's Reviews > A Children's Treasury of Nursery Rhymes

A Children's Treasury of Nursery Rhymes by Linda Bleck

Synopsis: This collection of nursery rhymes includes English language classics, such as “Hey Diddle Diddle,” “Little Miss Muffet,” and “Humpty Dumpty,” and features beautiful, colorful illustrations in a sturdy hardcover book. The pages are thick and the illustrations are raised/textured, adding tactile fun for preschoolers. (A full list of the book’s nursery rhymes can be found below.)

Bilingual benefit: As I believe that nursery rhymes inspire creativity and imagination and foster a love of the English language, I spent a good deal of time researching which nursery rhyme book to purchase for my toddler. This one received many good reviews everywhere that I looked and it delivers. It features classic nursery rhymes appropriate for the under 3 crowd; there are no “scary” nursery rhymes. In addition to being raised to the touch, the illustrations are imaginative and cheerful, featuring people and animals. My lil guy enjoys completing the nursery rhymes as I read them and often requests a recitation of the rhymes when we do not have the book with us.

Availability in Israel: Unfortunately, I have not come across this book in Israel. However, it can be ordered online.

Previewing the book: The book can be previewed online at Amazon.

Lil guy: Loves it. He cannot get enough of several of the rhymes. My lil guy even decided to start using – on his own – the expression “one shoe off, one shoe on” because of the book.

Mama: Highly recommended. Nursery rhymes are a must for bilingual kiddies and this book is a wonderful introduction to that world for toddlers.

Additional information: The book features the following nursery rhymes: “Hey Diddle Diddle,” “Little Boy Blue,” “Little Bo Peep,” “Georgie Porgie,” “Diddle, Diddle Dumpling,” “Jack and Jill,” “Little Miss Muffet,” “Hickory, Dickory, Dock,” “One, Two, Buckle My Shoe,” “Old King Cole,” “The Queen of Hearts,” “Sing a Song of Sixpence,” “Humpty Dumpty,” “Jack Sprat,” “Pease Porridge Hot,” “Jack, Be Nimble,” “Old Mother Hubbard,” “Little Jack Horner,” “This Little Piggy,” “There was an Old Lady who Lived in a Shoe,” “Rub-a-Dub-Dub,” and “Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Children's Treasury of Nursery Rhymes.

Finished Reading