Sarju Shrestha Mehri's Reviews > The Innovators: How a Group of Inventors, Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution

The Innovators by Walter Isaacson

bookshelves: 2015-books-to-read

Walter Isaacson is such a great writer and a researcher. Coming from none technical background, this book really gave me the bigger picture of technology world; its beginning and its future. How devices we use in our daily lives are the products of many creative genius, visionaries and restless ambitious minds. Also, many of these work are the contribution of collaboration, respect and stealing the best ideas from each other.

I am very impressed how Isaacson credits and acknowledged the first woman computer programer, Ida Lovelace. He reveals each of the major Eureka! moments with mini biographies of the great minds during the cultural revolution in technology. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and took time to reread some of the paragraph to its fascination. However, I grapple with the fact that how many women contributors are not known to the world and in middle schools. It is about time that girls see themselves like Ida Love Lace, Grace Hopper ((first Cobol programmer) and Jean Jennings and Betty Snyder (who program Eniac) as role models.

The whole book is a wonderful piece of well-researched history on how the ideas from one time moved to another influencing innovations when people worked collaboratively. It is a must read for everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Innovators.

January 12, 2015 – Shelved
January 12, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 15, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-books-to-read
February 11, 2015 – Started Reading
March 26, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Booksdigger (new) - added it