Eileen's Reviews > Blue Moon

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

Aug 13, 2010

bookshelves: own, read-2010, fantasy-mythology, read-2011
Read from October 16 to 17, 2011

The first book "Evermore" left me with some unanswered questions that were answered in this sequel that captivated me from the first page and I just had to go on reading, because I was eager to know what would happen next. This sequel didn't disappoint me, it is everything I hoped it would be. Actual rating 4,5 stars.

In the beginning Ever and Damen are very much in love and Ever is ready to take their relationship to the next level, but then Damen starts to show some strange behavior, he is distant and is unable to manifest. Suddenly he disappears and returns another person. Not only Damen changes drastically, but also the entire student body. Ever has suspicions that a dark, sinister and evil rogue has everything to do with this and is out to kill Damen. Of course she will try anything to save him. With the help of the psychic, Ava, she tries to find answers in Summerland, the dimension between the dimensions, where she meets the twins Romy and Rayne. In the end she has to make a very important choice.

I felt so sorry for Ever, because throughout the story she is convinced that she is at the source of all problems, but some things are just bound to happen in life and nobody is to blame for them. I guess that her sister Riley (glad she reappeared in this sequel) makes that perfectly clear to her.
What annoyed me about Ever is that she has the tendency to trust and to listen to the wrong people. She'll have to pay a high price for this, but at least I hope she'll learn from it.

I hope that in the third book we'll find out what happened to Ava, if the twins are to be trusted and if Ever will manage to get the antidote for Damen. There are a lot of exciting things to look forward to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Moon.

Quotes Eileen Liked

Alyson Noel
“Hating requires caring. In which case, I couldn't possibly hate you.”

Alyson Noel
“You can’t change the past, it just is”

Alyson Noel
“Home. That wonderful place I was lucky enough to revisit no matter how short a time finally realizing it's not relegated to just one single place its wherever you make it.”

09/24/2010 page 1
0.0% "I hope it'll just as good as the first one or even better!"
09/24/2010 page 1
0.0% "I hope it'll be just as good as the first one or better...."
09/24/2010 page 73
18.0% "Miles and Ever both have a 'premiere' of their own..."
09/25/2010 page 143
36.0% "Something weird is going on with Damen, he's not himself."
09/25/2010 page 198
50.0% "Roman is responsible, but how and why???"
10/16/2011 page 25
7.0% "I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone - you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."
10/16/2011 page 149
41.0% "Manipulating them against their will and causing them to say and do things that are totally against their true nature - all without their permission, without them even realizing it."
10/17/2011 page 285
79.0% "The truth is, whatever the reason,I've been given an amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity. And now it's time to go home."
04/26/2016 marked as: read