Lindu Pindu's Reviews > Anastasia

Anastasia by Vladimir Megré

Aug 13, 2010

bookshelves: life
Read in August, 2010

I guess the euphonic qualities that are supposed to give us readers happiness while reading the book have been lost in translation.
I've always felt like I wanted to live in the forest somewhere. Although I love cities as well, I feel myself more of a human being, if that makes sense, in places with less people and more trees.

This is the least New Agey contemporary book that I could find, and while I can't say it has changed my life, it has given me perspective, and the determination not to let a job, money, or commodities lead my life.

The writing style got irritating in certain parts, but I reminded myself the author is supposed to be a city-slicker, with some inherent prejudices. In their discussion of man vs technology, what most got me thinking was how a computer is like a prosthetic brain.

This is a book that most urban dwellers will scoff at, and it's maybe preaching to the converted, but overall it was a good reading experience, and delivered some insights. I don't care if Anastasia is for real or not, that's the least of my hang-ups.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anastasia.