Jonetta's Reviews > The Rosie Project

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

Don Tillman is a 39-year old genetics professor who doesn't fit in well in social settings. When a friend tells him he'd make a good husband, he proceeds on a mission to find a suitable wife. As he proceeds with the Wife Project, another friend sends him a potential candidate, Rosie Jarman, who couldn't be more unsuitable (based on Don's criteria) but he becomes intrigued with her desire to find her biological father. As the two collaborate on the Father Project, they begin an often hilarious and always fascinating pursuit to identify Rosie's father through DNA.

Left to my own devices, I never would have given this book a second glance without my GR friends' recommendations so I'm grateful to them for this story. Don was just delightful in his painful honesty, almost like that of a child but a highly educated one. Rosie couldn't have been more perfect for him as she accepted him unconditionally. One of my most favorite scenes was the bartending gig as it showed Don in his true element, succeeding socially without really trying.

I listened to the story and while the narrator nails Don, his storytelling was a bit too fast paced between transitions. However, it still was funny and tragic and heartwarming and...just right. I'm not sure I'll read the second book because I loved how this one ended. Sometimes it's best to leave good memories alone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rosie Project.

January 11, 2015 – Shelved
March 20, 2017 – Shelved as: 4000-books
March 20, 2017 – Shelved as: read-with-me
March 20, 2017 – Finished Reading
April 7, 2017 – Shelved as: audio-1000

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Just saw where Jennifer Lawrence will be in the movie. I might have to check the book out. My library has it in ebook and audio. LOL

Jonetta I've got the audio.

Suzanne Audio will be interesting Jonetta! Let us know how it goes.

Jonetta I definitely will!

Connie This really was fun and incredibly original and entertaining!

Angela M Jonetta , so glad you enjoyed this ! Nice review.

Jonetta Thanks, Angela!

Jonetta Connie wrote: "This really was fun and incredibly original and entertaining!"

I agree, Connie.

Wendy My book club really enjoyed this too!

Emer (A Little Haze) Lovely review Jonetta. I think it would be a good idea to not read the second. I loved this book and to me, the second was just a pale imitation of this. It almost tarnished my happy memories from reading it and my love for Don. It's not that it's a bad book... It just lacks the sparkle of this one in my opinion

Jonetta Wendy wrote: "My book club really enjoyed this too!"

Oh, this would be an excellent story for book club discussion!

Jonetta Emer wrote: "Lovely review Jonetta. I think it would be a good idea to not read the second. I loved this book and to me, the second was just a pale imitation of this. It almost tarnished my happy memories from ..."

Thank you, Emer. You really helped to solidify my decision.

message 13: by Deanna (new)

Deanna excellent review, Jonetta!!

Jonetta Thank you, Deanna.

☮Karen Great review, Jonetta. I enjoyed this on audio as well.

Jonetta Thanks, Karen!

Sharmon I am glad you liked it. I really enjoyed it and thougth you probably would.

Jonetta You were right about that, Sharmon.