Alicia Nordwell's Reviews > Let it Go

Let it Go by Sid Love

Jan 10, 2015

For me, Let it Go, ranks 3.75 stars. The writing is generally smooth, and the slang terms were kept separate for the different nationalities, which I know is tricky when you're writing a foreign character. There were some typos and a pretty big character oops when one of the two main characters, Virat, says his wife doesn't speak good English--and then she comes right out fluent as can be later in the story. I was able to overlook most of the issues, though, and really enjoy the characters' journey.

Damon is an interesting character. At first I thought he was a photographer, based on the beginning. I liked his personality, though. Like most people, he saw something he wanted but when he realized he couldn't have it, he tried to do the right thing... but is the right thing always what everyone else thinks is best?

And we find out that Damon's love interest, newlywed Virat, isn't quite sure what the right thing is either. His wife of just days is a sweet, wonderful woman, and he loves her. But is that enough? They both have a lot of miscommunication going on between them, and everyone else in the story. The true question comes at the end of the book... "What happened next?" and I'm so glad we find out with a lovely epilogue. The Bittersweet Dreams angle scared me, but I was quite happy by the time I hit 'The End'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let it Go.

Finished Reading