Karen Collier's Reviews > Hearts Made Whole

Hearts Made Whole by Jody Hedlund

Jan 10, 2015

I’ve loved this series by Jody Hedlund from the start, and Hearts Made Whole is no exception.

(See my reviews of the novella Out of the Storm and the novel Love Unexpected for my thoughts on the earlier stories.)

Ryan and Caroline’s tale in Hearts Made Whole is one of healing, redemption, mystery, suspense, and of course, love. The lead characters each start out the story with their own problems, hurting and struggling to get by. And the way they’re presented – flaws, challenges and all – I couldn’t help but feel for them, and cheer them on towards healing, character growth, and the achievement of their goals.

It was so much fun to see the romance develop between them, despite the adversarial circumstances in which they met. The tender compassion, the discovery of flirtation, and the occasional circumstance beyond their control throwing them into close proximity… all made for a delightfully romantic read. And if romance is your thing, just wait until you get to the shaving scene. That one’s my favorite. ☺

A bit of jealousy between sisters, and between potential suitors kept things interesting, and contributed to some pretty dramatic plot twists. But the thing that impressed me most about this story, was the message about relying on God rather than other people for our strength. The characters had to make some really tough decisions, but the story’s resolution was all the more powerful because of it. I am eagerly anticipating the release of Undaunted Hope, the next book in Jody Hedlund’s Beacons of Hope series.

Thank you to Bethany House for providing an electronic copy of this book via NetGalley for review purposes.

This review appeared first at the Edgy Inspirational Romance blog.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts Made Whole.

January 10, 2015 – Shelved
January 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 20, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
Started Reading
June 22, 2015 – Finished Reading
December 8, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)