Renee's Reviews > What Alice Forgot

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

bookshelves: audiobooks, read-2015
Read 2 times. Last read January 10, 2015 to January 15, 2015.

I first read this a year and a half ago and realised that I had discovered my new favourite Australian author. This time around I read it via audiobook, narrated by one of my favourite narrators, Caroline Lee.

The plot focusses around Alice, who bumps her head and forgets the past ten years of her life. There are simultaneous plotlines using Alice's sister's diary entries and their grandmother's blog posts which contribute to the main plot, but also unfold stories of their own. This books shows how life experiences mold the person you become. I found the characters a bit superficial to begin, but very relatable once I got to know them. I was emotionally caught up in the story and happy with the ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Alice Forgot.

Quotes Renee Liked

Liane Moriarty
“Early love is exciting and exhilarating. It's light and bubbly. Anyone can love like that. But after three children, after a separation and a near-divorce, after you've hurt each other and forgiven each other, bored each other and surprised each other, after you've seen the worst and the best-- well, that sort of love is ineffable. It deserves its own word.”
Liane Moriarty, What Alice Forgot

Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
June 30, 2013 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
September 9, 2013 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
November 3, 2013 – Shelved as: read-2013 (Paperback Edition)
December 31, 2014 – Shelved as: favourites (Paperback Edition)
January 10, 2015 – Started Reading