Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic's Reviews > It Ends with Us

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

bookshelves: new-adult, arc, favorite-books, sobfest

Thank you Atria for providing an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

I buddy read this book with sis Pearl -- click to read her captivating review :)

To be honest, I still have a book hangover. It took me a while to organize my thoughts and come up with words. Most Colleen Hoover's books are emotional and definitely will give you butterflies but this sets on a more serious, deeper emotional level. I'm seriously not prepared to any of this and diving into this blind is simply the best decision and just go with the flow. You better grab some tissues and pillows while reading this book and comfort food when you finished it. I'll try my best not to give a spoiler.

Here are my naked truths about It Ends With Us:

- The story is so beautiful that it hurts too much. The message in this book left a huge impact as it centers on abusive relationships.
- Lily Bloom's emotions felt raw and real. I'm so torn between Atlas Corrigan; the homeless boy she first fell for and Ryle Kincaid; the gorgeous neurosurgeon she learned to love.
- Certainly, you will root for someone and I actually love this character but by 50% mark -- BOOM. Everything changes and it slowly breaks my heart. It's a difficult situation to be in especially when you love this character and grows in you. Seeing a glimpse of his dark side wants you to walk away yet, a part of you wants to stay because you love him so much. It's harder to hate someone you love than hating a person you hate. We all have limits but how long does it take before it lasts?
- I AM A CRYING MESS AND MY EMOTIONS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE. COMFORT FOOD IS A MUST.
- I am satisfied with its ending. It may be a harsh reality but its necessary. At the same time, I can't help feeling sad with the situation. I have so much respect for Lily's character because her final decision takes guts to really do it.
- The real story behind this book moved me. Make sure to read the author's note after reading the book.
- Overall, I love this book. It's brilliantly written and not the typical romance. Definitely one of my favorites this year and this book dethrones November 9 as my favorite Colleen Hoover book. Hands down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Ends with Us.

January 9, 2015 – Shelved
January 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 4, 2016 – Started Reading
August 4, 2016 – Shelved as: new-adult
August 4, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 4, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
August 4, 2016 –
0.0% "buddy reading with sis Pearl. :) Tissues are ready just in case ;)"
August 4, 2016 –
10.0% "I am liking this so far. So many beautiful words."
August 5, 2016 –
22.0% "Naked truth: I'm grinning like an idiot. MAKE IT STOP (or not. haha)"
August 5, 2016 –
30.0% "My heart is breaking slowly. I swear, tears are forming in my eyes. [Hanky standby]"
August 5, 2016 –
44.0% "I made a wild guess and I hope I'm wrong."
August 5, 2016 –
51.0% "THAT'S WHEN S*** HAPPENS. DAMN IT"
August 6, 2016 –
80.0% "IT FUDGING HURTS"
August 6, 2016 – Shelved as: favorite-books
August 6, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 4, 2017 – Shelved as: sobfest

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

message 1: by rheeza (new)

rheeza Great review! I'm scared to read this though! My poor heart might not be able to handle it! ;p

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic rheeza (callowaybooks ) wrote: "Great review! I'm scared to read this though! My poor heart might not be able to handle it! ;p"

Thank you, Rheeza! Don't be scared to read this book, I swear it's good. I think you can handle it.. ;)

Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee) YAS BEATRICE YAS! It's a good ending, I just wish it turned out differently. :'((((((

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee) wrote: "YAS BEATRICE YAS! It's a good ending, I just wish it turned out differently. :'(((((("

The ending is so good! I think it's necessarry though it freaking hurts. :((( daym

Pearl Angeli Love the review, sis! :) This book is seriously a hangover-inducing book. I still could not find the right words to say, too ;-/ So many emotions!

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Pearl wrote: "Love the review, sis! :) This book is seriously a hangover-inducing book. I still could not find the right words to say, too ;-/ So many emotions!"

Thank you sis! :) I couldn't agree more with you. This book just left me conflicted. gaaah it's so good.

Clara Wonderful review, girl ! I loved the message behind this book and how it helped me understand better why it's not always easy to decide whether to stay in an abusive relationship when you love the other person and feel like there are more good things than bad ones about that same person ^^

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Great review hon :-)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you Clara! I agree with the things you said. It's easy for us to say to leave that person but Ms. Hoover puts us in a difficult situation. If we are courageous enough to stay or leave. :)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you Melissa! :D

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you Melissa! :D

Jennifer Kyle Fab review Beatrice xx

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you, Jennifer! :D

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, Beatrice! ;)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you, Arianna! :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Aaaaaah! I'm suffering! hahaha

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Hahahaha! Good luck on reading this one. It's quite heartbreaking but left a powerful message, Ate AJ.

message 19: by Donita (new)

Donita Luz I keep seeing this book everywhere! :) I'm glad you love this book Beatrice! :)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you, Donita! :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Now I could relate with the "NAKED TRUTHS". <3

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Yaas! Love the naked truths <3

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm Oh my.. breathtaking review Bea... I don't know if I have the courage to start the book.. it's so overwhelming...

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm wrote: "Oh my.. breathtaking review Bea... I don't know if I have the courage to start the book.. it's so overwhelming..."

Thank you, Ate Claire! Start this one when you're ready for emotional books. It's quite... heavy with a great message. :)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Beautiful review, babe! <3 x

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Beautiful review, babe! <3 x"

Thank you lovely! <3