Jay's Reviews > Sleepwalking in Paradise

Sleepwalking in Paradise by Andrew O. Dugas

2419499
I received this book as part of Goodreads Giveaways and First Reads.

I'm a little embarrassed by how long it took me to read this book. It's an incredibly easy read, and should have only taken me a couple of days at the most. The chapters are short (varying between a couple of pages and ten), and change perspective each time.

The main problem with the story was that nothing of interest happened until the last fifty odd pages. Each character was relatively separate from the next, and although I could clearly see where the story was going, there was minimal interaction up until the end point. It made it difficult to want to read this story at all, and I found myself slogging through it, despite the relative ease of reading it. I just wanted to get the book done so I could read something else.

I found the characters fairly dull. Marta was the only one that keep me intrigued, and that was mostly due to her Pepper Potts status. Johnny just annoyed the everloving shit out of me, and Nurse Steve seemed to be just thrown in there.

Then there was the ending. I knew it was coming, but it didn't resolve anything. It just seemed a mess of an ending, and I had a feeling that Dugas didn't entirely know where to go with it.

The problem is this isn't a bad book- it just didn't have a solid plot to keep me hooked. I rated this a 3 instead of 2, as there's a definite audience for it, but I think it needs a bit more work before finding a solid ground.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepwalking in Paradise.

Started Reading