JC's Reviews > The Chopin Manuscript

The Chopin Manuscript by Jeffery Deaver

Aug 10, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 2010, audio, my-firsttime

The way that this book was written was what really made me interested in reading/listening to it (I found it through the Audie awards for being a well read audio book). Basically, John Deaver wrote the first chapter, handed it off to the next author who then wrote a chapter who then handed it off to the next author. 15 top thriller writers wrote a chapter and then Deaver brought it all together at the end. To be honest, considering the fact that 15 different authors wrote a chapter, the book came together pretty well. That being said, there were way too many characters and pointless leads that meant nothing. Most of the authors brought in their own character and some of them moved the story along and others just kind of fizzled out. I'd never read anything by any of the authors, and had only ever heard of Lee Child, but overall the book was very quick and quite interesting. I'd recommend giving it a go, but be aware that you might be frustrated by some of the dead end plot turns.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chopin Manuscript.

August 10, 2010 – Started Reading