Rhonda's Reviews > Mind Games

Read from October 02 to 06, 2010

Mind Games by Carolyn Crane
The Disillusionists Trilogy #1

Fantastic Urban Fantasy!!
I was pulled right into this book, and couldn’t get enough!
Carolyn Crane has written a brilliant cast of characters, starting with Justine Jones who is the funny, bright and extreme hypochondriac….Until she meets the mysterious, alluring highcap Sterling Packard. Packard teaches Justine how to use her hypochondria as a weapon, and as an added benefit it relieves her fears. While Justine isn’t your gun toting, sword wielding heroine, she knows how to unleash her neurosis, or better yet she might just spelunk someone!

Packard has been imprisoned in his restaurant, Mongolian Delites for the past eight years by his nemesis who is a highcap as well with the power of force fields. He has a crew of misfits that have various mental disorders that use these disorders as a weapons. Helmut, Shelby, Simon and Carter are the disillusionists, they use their skills to reform criminals that haven’t been able to be convicted. As an act of deception brings Justine on board the team of disillusionsts, she struggles to come to terms with what she’s doing. Just when it seems like what she’s doing is a good thing…her third assignment really challenges everything she thinks she knows.

Carolyn Crane has written a wonderful, fun, thought provoking, unpredictable and entertaining story. It has a great mix of fantasy, suspense, and humor, with just enough steam to satisfy. And again a wonderful cast of characters that you get to know.

I can hardly wait to start DOUBLE CROSS now!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Games.

10/03/2010 page 70
19.0% "Aaaand there's the tension overload! Lol Packard!!!!"
10/03/2010 page 122
33.0% "*chuckles* I like Justine!"
10/03/2010 page 137
37.0% "I love the way Justine taunts Aggie! LOL "When you're in nursing school, you see the full horror of what can go wrong with the body, and how medicine hasn't changed from the dark ages. You know what today's most important surgical instrument is? The saw. Sometimes it's tiny like a scalpel, and sometimes it's giant, like for a knee operation. And after that you have scrapers and needle and thread."~ Justine to Aggie"
10/03/2010 page 170
46.0% "Oh, she's good!"
10/04/2010 page 204
55.0% ""soul patch" OMG, she's killin' me!!! LMAO, I'll never look at one of my coworkers the same!!!"
10/04/2010 page 265
71.0% "I love Helmut!"
10/05/2010 page 289
78.0% "OMG, not the feet! Sanchez will win me over with the feet! LMAO" 3 comments

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Ah Jeez!! You started this one so soon? I thought you were gonna read Covet by J.R Ward? Oh well, we can read that one together if you like, I gotta read it for a challenge, and I hear it's really good. :)

Rhonda I had a hard time deciding, decided to take a break from smexy books for a minute.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Rhonda wrote: "I had a hard time deciding, decided to take a break from smexy books for a minute."

LOLZ! Very understandable, so there's none of that in this book huh? haha....well you give me time to finish a few more books to my series,than I'm off to read Cover for sure,so read on chica,Enjoy!!

Rhonda Lol..It took me hours to commit to a book last night, by the time I got started, I read 20 pgs and it was lights out! Coffee be damned again. I think this book is more urban fantasy, maybe some sexual tension along the way. I'm only 50 pgs or so in, still getting to know characters.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Oh I totally believe you,I've been reading books back to back,I look like a reading junkie when it hits 1am,and I can no longer keep mt eyes open,but I'm still forcing myself,Lmao!That's terrible! hahaha...

Wow! That's nice to know,so it's not to much paranormal? I'm not sure if I have this one added to my list on my reading challenge,if it is I'll be reading them so as well. Oh Gosh! Have patience if you're still starting to get to know the characters,that's actually the downfall while reading,you wanna get straight to all the Bow-Chica-Wow-Wow scenes and the action! LOL!

message 6: by Rhonda (last edited Oct 03, 2010 07:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Yea, it's paranormal, but not in the sense of Vampires, or Werewolves, or anything like that. I'm not really sure how to describe it. The characters have mental abilities I guess I'd say. If Spaz catches this, she might be able to describe it better.

Yes...ready for the action I am!!!

Mollie Ohhh I've been wanting to read this series!!!

Rhonda Mollie wrote: "Ohhh I've been wanting to read this series!!!"

I really like it, I had to go buy book 2 today so I'd have it as soon as I'm finished with this one!!

Pamela / SpazP OMG I can't wait for you to get to the end! squee!!

Rhonda Pamela wrote: "OMG I can't wait for you to get to the end! squee!!"

I'm on page 289, I'm getting closer!!! LOL