Tarah's Reviews > The Jester

The Jester by James Patterson

Aug 10, 2010

Read from August 10 to September 01, 2010

I grabbed this book off the shelf because it was by James Patterson first & foremost. When I started on the story I was surprised and a little hesitant to continue onward once I found out what time it was set in. I've never been a huge fan of historical novels but I am glad I gave it a chance. Mr. Patterson with the help of Andrew Gross really draw you into this setting and allow you to immerse yourself into the story. You hear the anger in Hugh's voice, you smell the fowl stench of the jail cells, you taste the food being served in the great halls, you can feel the silks the nobles wear.

I found myself rooting for Hugh, gasping when a sword clashed against another sword and feeling a mix of emotions when Hugh discovers Sophie. I found his character to be a true hero, a leader and someone people of today would follow. Hugh stands for justice and freedom and what is right. This book may look long but you quickly realize it ends all too soon when you reach the end. I would recommend this book to any James Patterson fan or any fiction reader who enjoys a historical novel, the research they've done for this book really help enforce the story line.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jester.