Silver James's Reviews > Ceremony in Death

Ceremony in Death by J.D. Robb

bookshelves: 2015-books-read, reread, keeper, 2017-books-read, audio-books, auto-buy-series, romance, scifi, suspense, 2020-books-read, favorite-authors
Read 4 times. Last read March 20, 2020 to March 23, 2020.

Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5) by J.D. Robb This is always a tough read for me. Watching Dallas's actions in this book goes against the grain and they push all my buttons. Still, that's the mark of a talented author, one well-capable of wrapping the reader's emotions around the words and story.

2017 reread/listen edit: I stand by previous ratings and comments below, but I also had forgotten how Eve let her own emotions take over, when she went down the rabbit hole in her investigation. The way she treated a suspect in interrogation, and then the way she cut Peabody when called on her actions by her aide, got me angry at her. Amazing that after reading these books so many times, my emotions can still be dragged into things. And Susan Ericksen's narration is incredible. Her characterizations remain true to each character, book after book.

For some reason, I don't often get all the way to this book when I do my almost yearly reread of the In Death books. This year, the series has sucked me in again and I'll probably end up reading all 40 of them before all is said in done. There was so much I'd forgotten about this book. The scene where Feeney emotionally eviscerates Dallas was devastating--and I'd forgotten it was in this book. That she could forgive his words was a testament to the size of her heart. Even though this book was written 15 years ago, it (and the whole series) has withstood the ravages of time and rereads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ceremony in Death.

Finished Reading