C.G. Drews's Reviews > Beastly

Beastly by Alex Flinn
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beastly.

January 8, 2015 – Shelved
January 8, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 2, 2015 – Started Reading
July 2, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
July 2, 2015 – Shelved as: retelling
July 2, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult
July 2, 2015 – Finished Reading
November 17, 2016 – Shelved as: ya-male-narrators

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Emily Alfano I just have a thing for fairy tale retellings. But you know what? After reading your review in actually kind of irritated as well because you're right about the message it's portraying. I didn't even think about some of it until you brought it up, especially the part about the kidnapping! For modern day I guess that really wasn't that realistic! Thanks for the book reccomendation of Cruel Beauty! I'm going to try that one next!

message 2: by Ella Janine (new)

Ella Janine Is the film "Beastly" adapted from this book?

Kelly I remember feeling pretty similarly about this one especially on how easily every problem got resolved. I remember not liking many of the characters and well ok I'm just happy that I wasn't insane when I read the book and that others felt similarly.

message 4: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Rachelle I saw the trailer for this movie and wanted nothing to do with it or the book, mostly because even in the trailer I hated Kyle. But then I read the Sleeping Beauty retelling by the same author and really liked it, even though it did have its issues (no kidnapping, but weird teenage boys and Jell-O shots were involved). So I was going to try the book since you should never judge a book by its movie (or movie trailer), but now I just DON'T KNOW.

Isabella Took the words right off of my mouth!! I had no internet today so I had plenty of time to finish this horrible book and I wish I hadn't :\ Cruel Beauty is a million times better than this lol (I even made a list about what B&tB retellings are better than this one in my review).

Dyah Elisa Although I enjoy this book, I totally agree with your opinion, especially for the kidnapping!
I guess I'm going to read Cruel beauty :)