Faith Bradham's Reviews > Pebble in the Sky

Pebble in the Sky by Isaac Asimov

Aug 09, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: sci-fi

I know I'm going to get yelled at by all the sci-fi lovers out there, but Pebble in the Sky was not my favorite book of all time. This might be due to the fact that I find it hard to handle tech-y sci-fi like this, and enjoy dystopian sci-fi immensely more. I can read dystopias all day, but the tech-y stuff is difficult for me.

That being said, I did not get into this book until about halfway through it - I found I did not care about what was happening, and actually forced myself to keep reading it. Once the Mind Touch came along I become much more interested, but I thought the romance was a bit hackneyed, and all in all, I just didn't really care for the book.

However, I am interested in reading more Asimov, because I know how huge he is in the sci-fi world. Also, this is the first book he wrote, so perhaps I just can't appreciate his earlier stuff? We will see.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pebble in the Sky.

August 9, 2010 – Shelved
August 19, 2010 –
0.0% "Normally I'm ok with sci-fi, and even love it. This is so ultra nerdy though that it's a bit hard for me to read. It might also be because I tend to like dystopias in the style of 1984 or Brave New World better."
Started Reading