Sherri Rabinowitz's Reviews > Evil Under the Sun

Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie

Hi, the way it is put into the system, they put the author's name wrong and I just wanted to let you know, I know her name is; Agatha Christie :) (But this is the edition I own, so I left it under here.)

This is the third time I have read the novel. It's been a while and I am a very visual person. I see books as I read them. And Agatha Christie is excellent at painting a picture with her words. Maybe that is why her work translates so easily to film.

I have seen both the Peter Ustinov and David Suchet versions of the story. It's funny what sticks in your mind, some things from the films completely wipe out what happens in the novel. For instance the summing up, it was completely different in both films from the novel. Where they take place, who he talks to and what he says in the novel is completely different, though the puzzle is of course is the same. I love a good movie and though they were both very different from what she wrote I enjoyed them both. You just don't realize how your mind juggles things till you re-read it again later.

I don't want to give away any of the plot but it is a fun "who done it," with amazing characters. Like all her books, my favorite part in the book that does not happen at all in the movie is very small but important. It will not affect the mystery but it tells you how both Poirot thinks and his creator; He is helping Mrs. Gardener with a puzzle, putting the cut out pieces into place and that act in itself actually helped him figure out the puzzle of the crime. To me it says a lot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evil Under the Sun.

January 7, 2015 – Shelved