Movies, Shows,'s Reviews > Crossing the Ice

Crossing the Ice by Jennifer Comeaux

***I received a free copy for an honest review***

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

For being the first time listening to an audiobook, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed listening. First off, Emiliy Stokes did an awesome job in narrating this cute romance by Jennifer Comeaux. I loved how Emily didn't just read the book, she animated the read with the different voices and tones of the characters. The emotions and frustrations of the characters was expressed through Emily's animated reading.

As for the book, this is the first I have read of Jennifer Comeaux's books. It is apparent that this is a "spin-off" from the Edge Series since the love interests, Emily and Sergei, has a pretty dominant presence in this first book of this Ice Series. Although I didn't get a chance to read the Edge Series (wish I did; I'm going to have to make a point in reading it!), it didn't take away from the heartfelt and touching story in Crossing the Ice. Jennifer wrote amazing characters with varying levels of emotions and personalities, in addition to the incredible setting that the story took place in. In this one book, I "witnessed" a coming-of-age (of sorts) for these characters that spanned several years. Emily's narration and Jennifer's writing integrated a smooth transition for these characters to grow and progress as they endured all the obstacles they faced.

Crossing the Ice was definitely realistic and relatable...though not necessarily related to ice skating. Readers will be able to relate to the pressures of parents' expectations, college, dreams, and growing up. It is also apparent with all that, sacrifices and decisions are made that these characters make that will determine where their futures will go. And...that's what Jennifer accomplished with this cute romance. I look forward to more of Courtney and Josh's adventures and angst as they continue competing in ice skating and love.

Stop by my blog on 1/13/15 for my blog tour stop at: Movies, Shows & Books
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossing the Ice.

January 5, 2015 – Started Reading