Dani's Reviews > The Marriage Match

The Marriage Match by Tracy March

Jan 05, 2015

it was ok

It's been a long time since I've read a Tracy March book and I had high expectations with the conclusion of her Suddenly Smitten series, and maybe that was the problem.

The book is a fun and light read, there isn't much more to say about it. And if you ask me "Isn't that the point of a contemporary romance?", I would tell you "No", and recommend a Sarah Morgan or Jill Shalvis book.

I just couldn't connect with the characters or the story, and I had a hard time believing the setting the author presented. In more than one occasion I thought the so called 'drama' was pointless and had to remind myself I wasn't reading a fairytale. I could have lived without Grandma's snobbery. Or the worries about Gran's snobbery keeping the leads from taking a chance.

Still, this book has its good points. Like a down to Earth leading lady and a leading man who knows what he wants, once he's made up his mind.

A good, light read for a lazy summer day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Marriage Match.

January 5, 2015 – Shelved
January 5, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 21, 2015 – Started Reading
March 21, 2015 –
page 49
21.88% "Oh~~~!"
March 21, 2015 –
page 53
23.66% "Call me crazy but I think Gran is matchmaking Cynthia and Trent; and couldn't care less about the other girls xD"
March 24, 2015 – Finished Reading