Dorothy Riepenhoff's Reviews > Return to Grace Street

Return to Grace Street by Ella Dominguez

This book picks up a year after Grace Street, book 1, ended. Elsa has spent a year trying to get over Victor, or rather Mr. Black. And Victor has tried to move on from his precious chapter 8. But once he learns of her plans to marry, he knows he has to have her one more time.

Their relationship has been complicated from the start. Elsa was always so strong and yet weak at the same time when it came to Victor. No matter how hard she tries to walk away, she just has to know more about the enigma that has made Victor the man he is today.

Victor believes that if he can get Elsa, the only one to beat him at his own game, to play one more time, he could finally win the game and be free of her. But there is something so different about her that is holding him captive. I wanted to hate him for everything he had done and his arrogance but the more I read, the more I began to see what Elsa sees. A man who had made assumptions about his life based on a story from his mother. His persona as Mr. Black becoming his shield against feeling the type of pain and loneliness he grew up with.

I read this story in one sitting because I was afraid to miss what came next. In typical Ella fashion, there were many twists in the storyline that kept you on the edge. I even talked or rather scold the character’s out loud on occasion. When I finished the book, I had to put it down and really digest what I had read before I could write a review. It was emotionally dark and was not a typical hearts and flowers romance. At the end, I was left wondering if they will truly survive and would love to have one more book to tie that up. But I loved it none the less. Ella’s books always hold me captive and leave me wanting more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return to Grace Street.

August 10, 2014 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
August 10, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
Started Reading