~Tina~'s Reviews > Entangled

Aug 06, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: read-2011, wanted-to-love-but-couldn-t, young-adult
Read on April 10, 2011

TBR Reduce Challenge #21- 2011 (Stefanie)

As much as I wanted to like Entangled I had the hardest time connecting with Grace and even though I wanted to sympathize with her endless issues I couldn't bring myself to care for her.
I also didn't like the way this was written. At first I thought it was a neat way to tell a story and I did like the memory flashbacks, but there was a lot of hard issues in this book that wasn't handled very well and it felt flat. The concept is intriguing in a madding mysterious way, but the way it was delivered was basically confusing and frustrating and by the end of the book, I still felt lost.
Nope, not a me book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entangled.

message 1: by Stefanie (new) - added it

Stefanie oh no's!! I'm sorry you didn't like this Tina.

~Tina~ No worries hun, you can't win them all. Thanks for the push on this one, it's one less book on my shelf XD!

Nomes I really didn;t like this one either. my 2 star rating is me being exceedingly generous, haha.

the voice felt so forced to me ~ like it was trying to hard to be edgy and cool or something.

and i didn't care for any of the characters.

it was actually quite painful and frustrating reading this.

so YAY for someone else feeling the same was as me! (this book was so raved about. huh)

message 4: by Nic (new)

Nic I don't think I am ever going to read this even though I have it. I had a flip through and I don't think I will like and your review has just confirmed that. Good review twinie!

message 5: by Isamlq (new) - added it

Isamlq aaw, too bad! I was looking forward to this one... the book trailer was very convincing :)

message 6: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Your 1 stars leave a lasting impression on me Tina. I will definitely not read this.

message 7: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Nope, me neither. Sorry you didn't like it, hon :(

message 8: by Jasprit (new) - added it

Jasprit I just won a copy of this book the other day! It'll probably just sit on my shelf now

message 9: by Lamia (last edited Apr 11, 2011 01:21AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lamia I completely agree with your review. I kept expecting to feel some sympathy for Grace, but that only happened at the very end, which frustrated me even more.

~Tina~ Thanks guys! I wish I could say that it was just my mood, but I just didn't like this book.

Exactly Nomes! This book was very frustrating and painful to read. I was gonna give it two stars, but I just couldn't;p

Sorry Jasprit:( Maybe you'll like it hun, I've read some good stuff by other reviews:)

Lamia- Just finished your review and that's exactly how I felt, you said it way better though, I was to frustrated to even bother with a decent review o.O I'm glad it's read and outta here now.

message 11: by Nomes (new) - rated it 1 star

Nomes i downgraded to one star, because honestly, 'i didn't like it' although one star feels mean. but it is the truth :)

~Tina~ lol your to cute. It's not mean, it's just how you feel. I'm a generous star giver, but 2stars would be a lie for this book.

message 13: by Nomes (new) - rated it 1 star

Nomes you're right. other books i gave two stars too i did at least like in parts but got bored in others :)

this one i pretty much didn't like. at all.