Kim's Reviews > Infinite Days

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

did not like it
bookshelves: young-adult, read-in-2010, did-not-like-it, abandoned

** spoiler alert ** I should know better than to judge a book by it's cover. Because if that logic was true, this would have been a very good book. The cover even sparkles a little bit, probably a ref to Rhode or Twilight, who sacrifices himself by turning in a little pile of glitter so Lenah, the love of his life, could turn human.

Lenah was 'one of the oldest female vampires ever known' or something like that. You'd think a person would be interesting if they lived that long. Lenah, on the other hand, was so caught up in her own beauty, that she forgot to evolve past the emotional age of a 16-year old. And that's exactly what Rhode makes of her: an average, plain, typical, annoying little girl. I know brick walls with more personality.

I don't get why she was buried for 100 years so Rhode could prepare everything to make her human again. I honestly can't imagine what he did with all that time.

Lenah is supposed to keep a low profile, because she has to remain hidden for her coven. So she makes the most obvious choices: Pose for somebody who will probably win something that will draw a lot of attention. Immediately fall in love with the hottest, richest and most well known boy in a 50-mile radius. Let everybody know you speak 25 languages. Show off your tattoo (which I find to be stupid and meaningless). Giving something close to a royal burying to a frog that's been dead for weeks, and show off some more languages by saying stuff like 'ignosce mihi'.

Tony is inches away from becoming a sick stalker. Lenah walks in on him while he is looking at the 200 pictures he took of her and she doesn't even think it's a little bit odd. (no because it's normal for people to obsess over her)

I don't understand what her relationship with Justin Enos (who is only called Justin Enos and never just plain Justin because the author must think I'm confusing him with Justin Timberlake or something if she just says Justin) is based on, aside from the part where they are both so beautiful it hurts. One minute she's feeding him flowers and the next she is meeting his parents. They have nothing in common, their relationship doesn't develop, it's just there, suddenly. "Hi there, you look hot. I look hot. Let's hook up in the greenhouse?" *eyeroll* Please.

The Three Piece girls are quite possibly the lamest girls I've ever seen. I would rather kill myself than walk around in matching outfits.

I liked the parts where they mention Lenah's past and the other vampires in her coven. Those stories were actually interesting and fun.

I didn't finish this. After a while I just couldn't bear it anymore. It goes against my religion to harm a book, but I'm positive I'll be using this book to keep me warm some day.

There is a lot more that annoyed and/or frustrated me but I'm going to give it a rest now. I know all of this sounds pretty bitter but I wanted to like this. At first I even did like it. But this just wasn't my kind of book I guess...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinite Days.

August 6, 2010 – Shelved
August 6, 2010 – Shelved as: young-adult
August 15, 2010 – Started Reading
August 15, 2010 – Shelved as: read-in-2010
August 15, 2010 –
page 50
16.23% "Am I the only one who sees Enos brothers but reads Jonas brothers? Which is odd, because I don't even know even one of their songs."
August 16, 2010 –
page 94
August 18, 2010 –
page 128
41.56% "Can somebody please tell me why the author keeps on using his full name whenever Justin is mentioned? I haven't seen any other Justins around, so it's getting a little annoying."
August 18, 2010 –
page 203
65.91% "*facepalm*"
August 19, 2010 – Shelved as: did-not-like-it
August 19, 2010 – Finished Reading
October 31, 2010 – Shelved as: abandoned

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Wow, the cover is gorgeous.

oliviasbooks Delivered?

message 4: by Kim (last edited Aug 06, 2010 03:09AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Yes. And Yes.

message 5: by ~Tina~ (last edited Aug 06, 2010 03:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ Dame. Still waiting for mine. I hope I get it today:(

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen I have this waiting to be read. Hope you like it :)

message 7: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim I like it so far, but I'm not loving it.

Amanda Oh no.. I'm surprised you didn't like it! I thought it was quite good, though not perfect.

message 9: by ~Tina~ (last edited Aug 19, 2010 03:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ Now it's my turn for my jaws to hit the floor 0_0
You finished it already? Or are you not continuing anymore?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found my answer on Bookers.
Sorry this didn't agree with you hun:(

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Amanda, Lenah is annoying the crap out of me. I wish I liked it more too =(

Tina, I gave up but yeah you found out about that already over at The Corner ^^

message 11: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Yet Lenah keeps on daydreaming about 'the good old days', where she could rip throats out in the blink of an eye. She checks out everybody's inner wrist.

She wanted to be human again, but all she does is compare everything and every one to her coven.

I got so bored and gave up.

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Hah does he really turn into a little pile of glitter? This one is sounding a little ridic. Now I HAVE to read it.

message 13: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen Soooo I should just take this back to the store? :( I'm crossing my fingers that maybe I'll like it. So sorry that you didn't!

message 14: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Andrea, just to show you how bad it is: She puts his remains in a vile and wears it around her neck. People (I'm using that term loosely, since I'm talking about the Three Piece girls) ask her why she's wearing pixie dust around her neck. So yes. It is glitter ^^

Jen, I hope you'll enjoy it, some of my friends seem to like it, so I'd say give it a try if you bought it already.

Arlene Oh no! Well I'm still going to read it. I take it you stopped at the 65% Facepalm? Sorry it was a dud for you. :(

~Tina~ LOL Tony wasn't a stalker...much:P
Then ending did pick up but I get why you didn't like it. Lets hope the next discussion book will be better for you XD

message 17: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Meh, no worries, I love ranting about books I didn't like ^^

message 18: by Morgan (last edited Aug 19, 2010 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Morgan F Ranting is sometimes as much fun as reading a good book.

One time I spent an hour ranting to my friend about the horrors of Vampire Kisses. I drew quite a crowd and several people asked for my name so they could friend me on Facebook.

message 19: by Christina (new)

Christina LOL!Awesome review.

I had this marked, but I don't think I'm going to be reading anytime soon, if ever. Damn, the premise seemed interesting. (and the cover is pretty) ;)

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Morgan wrote: "Ranting is sometimes as much fun as reading a good book.

LOL! Vampire Kisses was awful though I did like the audio version, so much so I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. I love a good rant myself too. Apparently it's been named as one of my hobbies.

Kim, as you hated this book so much I've deleted it from my shelves. I had reservations about it anyway from the description but now you've confirmed my suspicions, bye bye to this book.

message 21: by Andrea (new)

Andrea She wears his sparkly ashes as a necklace? Ohh boy. Hello, waiting-for-the-library-to-get-it.

Morgan F She also had a urn with his ashes. Just in case.

message 23: by Kim (last edited Aug 20, 2010 12:00AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Morgan: LOL. I deleted my Facebook a few months ago. Even our clients were adding me, and I really don't want them to know what I'm up to when I'm not working. I hated Vampire Kisses, Raven is an idiot.

Christina: A few of my friends liked it so who knows, maybe you'll like it too.

Ames: I'm not saying you should trust my judgement, but Lenah makes a Mary Sue look like somebody you'd want to spend time with.

Andrea: I hope you'll get it soon, I'm looking forward to your review.

Morgan: I think I remember she broke the vile at a certain point, but it could just be something I made up?

Morgan F Hmmmm. I don't remember that.

message 25: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim I knew there was a reason why that mushroom tasted funny...

message 26: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic LOL. Great review. I love your rant.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Your review was so much better then mine..you said everything I wanted to say and more!

message 28: by Lina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lina I love your review, even though I personally loved the book. All your points are valid and you have an entertaining sense of humor. :)

message 29: by Mel (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mel If I ever had to treat a review to a nice, fancy dinner, it would be yours. Seriously. It's so freakin' spot on. This book was just getting too painful for me to finish.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"who is only called Justin Enos and never just plain Justin because the author must think I'm confusing him with Justin Timberlake or something if she just says Justin"
Ha, Ha, you are the queen, Kim! Now I know why you have 160 followers!!

message 31: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim *facepalm* Sorry, I see I missed a few comments.

Nic, thanks!

Michelle, thank you, I shall read your review of this book as soon as I'm done here ^^

Princess, hehe, I try to be as entertaining as possible while I'm bitching about a book.

Mel, oooooh, I'm sure the review will gladly accept your offer ^^ Yeah, and there is a sequel coming. Ouch.

Sunny, I'm sure at least 75% of them are thinking about throwing me off their list because of all the pointless comments I post (and that's just the beginning of it)

Kathryn All your ironic reasons aside,I actually enjoyed this book. But hated the threesome or possibily foursome relationship Lenah has going on with every hot guys around her. lol you think you'll ever finish readingthis?