Bj's Reviews > Iron Kissed

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Jan 03, 2015

bookshelves: library-loan, conquer-my-tbr-in-2015, audiobooks, 2015, 5-stars, paranormal-uf-dystopian

5 "Unbreakable Will" Stars for the story and narration!

I can't stop listening! This series is seriously addicting! As if I didn't already appreciate Mercy Thompson's ability to hang strong with some incredibly delicious dominant alpha werewolves, and other things that go bump in the night, Iron Kissed tests Mercy's will like never before; and even under the worst of circumstances, Mercy continues to demonstrate why it is that she has become one of my favorite UF heroines.

In this third installment of the Mercy Thompson Series we get an up close and personal view of the fae world. The romance department also heats up as Adam's and Sam's rivalry for Mercy's attention reaches an all time high culminating in a surprising but necessary conclusion.

Please note, however, that there are some serious domestic violence issues in this installment (including rape) that while delicately handled by Ms. Briggs (including, which I much appreciated, by avoiding any descriptive detail around the specifics), nonetheless makes the subject matter of this book not suitable for all (eg, young) audiences.

Last, but definitely not least, Lorelei King continues her top-notch narration which is no doubt partly why I have become so addicted to this series. Each one of the dozens of characters has its own, completely different and yet totally personality/character appropriate voice, which makes listening to this UF gem, like listening to the sound of a high action blockbuster!

Source: Library loan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Kissed.

message 1: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,sweetheart.Sounds like a great series:)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Stanton You're making me want to do a reread! This is so much fun experiencing the series through your perspective. Each book is like visiting with old friends, isn't it? :)