Milkiways's Reviews > The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution

The Innovators by Walter Isaacson

21960395

bookshelves: 2015

Issacson's The Innovators is a very well written, credible book filled with information on each individual, germination of an idea, it's implementation and development behind today's magic machine, The Computer. The writer has done an excellent job in meticulously presenting the tiniest details and have certainly done justification to each and every small to big individual with personal details who were part of this extraordinary system. It is unfortunate to see how the innovation has changed over the time... in the past if innovators are deprived and limited by the funds, their pride and discrimination then, today innovation is purely driven by wealth and fame! Another important fact, which seemed to have intense influence is deserving credit for one's own ideas... engineering and technology is purely built on existing technology! It is the designer's intuition to connect the dots, blend his/her experience and knowledge and come up with something new. In this case, how can anyone else share the perks of his intuition? of course collaborators do deserve credit for the input which made the technology possible but, how about the executioner, who could able to see the potential/hidden application which others failed to see? This is not that simple to answer that's the reason there were so many lawsuits over fame and wealth, damaged pride.. inturn centuries of delay!

All in all, I was highly intrigued by the brief life stories of these great minds! This made me understand who they were and how could they be able to do what they have done. I felt enlightened by all the aspects author has pursued. It's a must read of the year for the curious brains and I'm glad I did it!

P.S. one of the great contributors, Alan Turing and his journey of designing and building the universal machine is made into a movie "The Imitation Game". It was a wonderful coincidence, that I could also be able to watch this film while reading the book! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Innovators.

January 2, 2015 – Shelved