Kimberly's Reviews > Disney after Dark

Aug 04, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: 2010
Read from August 04 to 05, 2010

The premise of the book sounded exciting enough. I mean, what doesn't sound fun about a book that takes place in the Magic Kingdom?

However, this book had many confusing scenes (and starts off with one of the most confusing) and a ton of things that are never explained. Plus, the author seemed to like to throw in references to attractions or locations in the park (perhaps just to geek people out).

Next, some very very weird stuff happens. It's easy enough to accept evil characters as being evil, but accepting characters that are generally seen as nice and friendly as flesh-eating monsters was just weird. Also, we are asked to accept that anything and everything that goes wrong at the park is just a cover up.

Finally, the worst part was the character development. Some characters were thrown in just for the sake of having them there. They added nothing, and I didn't really care if anything happened to them.

Great, intriguing premise, but poorly executed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disney after Dark.

08/04/2010 page 150

Drew Graham I totally agree -- Great idea, terrible result. These books are definitely one long commercial for Disney theme parks/cruise line, but that could be excusable if the books were at least well-written or accurate in their details.