Celia's Reviews > Cybele's Secret

Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier

bookshelves: fantasy, youngadult

I really enjoyed this lovely YA fantasy - a sort of follow on to Marillier's Wildwood Dancing, but I don't think it's necessary to have read Wildwood in order to enjoy Cybele's Secret.

We follow the journey of one of the sisters, Paula, with her father, to Istanbul, in search of a valuable artifact of an earth goddess. Other parties are interested in the artificat as well, naturally, and Paula gets caught up in the case for the artifact, and a quest she has been set by the Otherworld. A happily-ever-after ending, but one that I liked (although secretly I wanted Paula to pick the other suitor vying for her attentions - he seemed lots more fun).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cybele's Secret.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

katie I loved the pirate fellow whose name I can't remember, and thought Stoyan was a bit wet fishy at times, but I was ridiculously thrilled when they got their happily-ever-after.

Celia I know, it was sweet wasn't it? Stoyan was lovely, and his adoration for Paula was nice, but I did like the adventuresome pirate, even if they wouldn't have suited each other (and I'm not sure they really would have.) Um, the pirate was... oh, I forget - Duagre, or something. I liked it when they had their intense chess game, and were thrilled at mentally challenging each other. While Stoyan watched jealously from the corner :-)