Sarah's Reviews > The Revenge Playbook

The Revenge Playbook by Rachael  Allen

“We started something. And we’re going to finish it. We will steal that football. We will have our revenge. And we will change this town.”

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

This was a story about a group of 4 girl’s verses the football team at their school.

I felt really sorry for the girls in this book. Melanie Jane got dumped because the football team wouldn’t let her boyfriend date a girl who wanted to save her virginity for her future husband.

“We could compromise. Just let me tell the guys we’ve had sex,” he says. There’s so much pressure on me.”

Liv got dumped because the football team thought she was a slut, which wasn’t a good reputation for a football girlfriend.

“We all know Liv Lambros is a gigantic whore. What we need to know is that our man Trevor is going to do something about it.”

Ana was drugged and sexually assaulted by a member of the football team, and nobody cared because he was such a great football player, and Peyton was just generally sick of the football players getting special treatment with their grades.

“Everyone knows fat girls don’t have feelings because their blubber insulates them, so just dump her and get it over with.”

The storyline in this was about the girls trying to get revenge on the football team, by completing their scavenger hunt before they did, and stealing their lucky football. I have to say that I didn’t really find this part of the story all that interesting though. I liked the bits about the girls problems, but the actual dare stuff was a bit boring. I was also a little unsure why the girls thought this was such a great idea anyway? Why did they think that completing the scavenger hunt/dares first would really make all that big of a difference?

“I picture us holding that precious football, Weston having to walk onto the field naked at Homecoming, and I grin.”

There wasn’t a lot of romance in this, but there were a couple of sweet moments. This story was mostly about the break-ups caused by the football team though.

“My girlfriend’s not a slut. So, I’m just going to keep dating her because I’m kind of in love with her :)”

The ending to this was pretty good, and I was glad that things seemed to work out okay.
6 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Revenge Playbook.

January 1, 2015 – Shelved
May 30, 2015 – Started Reading
May 30, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Jitendra (new)

Jitendra Great review Sarah...

message 2: by Sarah (last edited May 30, 2015 11:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sarah Thanks Jitendra ☺ ☺

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dykes Great review! This is one I couldn't decide if I wanted to read it. I'm thinking I will probably skip it. It sounds like part of it might drag :)

Sarah Yep, the middle bit really dragged. Thanks ☺