Cathi's Reviews > The Shadow of Your Smile

The Shadow of Your Smile by Mary Higgins Clark

Aug 02, 2010

it was ok
Read in August, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This appears to be a fairly typical Mary Higgins Clark book. Lots of different story lines which EVENTUALLY intertwine. I liked the concept for the book, but no so much the writing.

There was also a couple misprints and errors. A huge one for example on page 137 Hardcover (Chapter 36)The following paragraph appears:

"And what about Ranger?" Sally asked. "We can't just leave him alone. Can I take him with me for now? Kerianne and I have a really small apartment, but my mother loves dogs. She'd look after him. I know she would."

----spoiler----

This conversation is between the nanny and a police detective. The nanny's name is Kristina. The detective is telling Kristina that Sally's mother has been murdered. Sally is a 2 yr old and in the hospital nearly dead from pneumonia & an asthma attack. So how she is at her house "talking" to a detective is quite puzzling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of Your Smile.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Rebecca I noticed that too-drove me batty! Unfortunately poor editing seems to be occurring in more and more books as of late.