Grace's Reviews > Sea Change

Aug 01, 2010

it was ok
Read in July, 2010

** spoiler alert **

When Miranda's grandmother dies, she and her mother leave New York City to clean out and sell the estate. On Selkie Island she meets a boy who she suspects might be hiding something.

I don't like to review books negatively but here it goes: I found it to be very dramatic and cliched at parts. I know the other was trying to make a smart, mature character but Miranda came across as bland. And for someone who is always saying how smart she is she doesn't seem very mature. I also was irritated by her relationship with Leo. She doesn't know anything about him, but she makes out with him and is thisclose to sleeping with him. I wanted to know more about his character, and overall the characters needed some work. The plot was pretty predictable, except for the ending. I was expecting a happily ever after, but no, Miranda heads back to the city. Also about the ending, you are waiting through the whole book to see if Leo is a merman. As soon as you find out it abruptly ends. There were alot of unanswered questions, but I don't think there will be a sequel.

Even with all the flaws, I enjoyed the book. I didn't want to put it down.

That was my first review on here, hopefully it didn't fail:)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sea Change.