Jean's Reviews > The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire

The Eternal Kiss by Trisha Telep

Aug 01, 2010

bookshelves: anthology, paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy
Recommended for: vampire lovers

A impressively solid anthology with a nice variety of stories. While it is billed as paranormal romance few of the stories go that direction. The average quality is quite high, and while there are a few stories I did not like there isn't really a completely bad story.

My favorites are the bittersweet and grim Wet Teeth By Cecil Castellucci, the sharply funny Undead is Very Hot Right Now by Sarah Rees Brennan, the imaginative and gritty The Coldest Girl in Cold Town by Holly Black, and Passing by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié, which had a nice twist to its ending.

My least favorites were Shelter Island by Melissa de la Cruz(Apparently it makes -some- sense if you've read her other books? Which justs seems like short-storyfail to me), Kat by Kelley Armstrong(unlikeable characters), The Thirteenth Step by Libba Bray(far too long and rambling for no payoff), and All Hallows by Rachel Caine(tied into her main series and contained rather large spoilers for someone who'd only read book one. I found the characters no more likable then in Glass Houses, and the story kind of pointless. At least her writing has improved?)

It's an all-round good anthology, with vampires of all stripes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternal Kiss.

August 1, 2010 – Shelved
August 16, 2010 – Started Reading
August 16, 2010 – Shelved as: anthology
August 16, 2010 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
August 16, 2010 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
August 21, 2010 –
page 230
56.37% "The Thirteenth Step by Libba Bray - Good concept, but takes way too long to get to the point and has no punch."
September 9, 2010 –
page 266
65.2% "All Hallows by Rachel Caine. Having only read the first book in the series this story was full of spoilers. It felt kind of bland, pointless, and rambling. At least the writing has improved."
September 10, 2010 –
page 283
69.36% "Wet Teeth by Cecil Castellucci. A fun and bittersweet story."
September 10, 2010 –
page 308
75.49% "Other Boys by Cassandra Clare - good story with a somewhat obvious twist."
September 12, 2010 –
page 336
82.35% "Passing by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié - well written and satisfying with a couple good twists."
September 16, 2010 –
page 373
91.42% "Ambition by Lili St. Crow - the story I bought the anthology for. :) It did not disappoint. Nice build up and great characters."
September 18, 2010 –