Yve's Reviews > Return to Grace Street

Return to Grace Street by Ella Dominguez

Once again, I had the privilege of beta-reading Return to Grace Street for Ella, and I've gotta admit that my emotions are all over the place. This series was by far one of the darkest reads I've attempted. The warning definitely says it all: The fainthearted, closed-minded and squeamish need not read any further. If this has your interest piqued, then by all means, please continue...you will not be disappointed.

When I first met Victor I was quickly drawn to the tall, dark & handsome man just as Elsa was, but quickly learned that he was one half of a whole. His alter-ego, Mr. Black, always lingered below the surface, waiting to make his appearance. And oh, lord, did he. He was vicious & cruel, he was calculating & impulsive, but most of all, he was broken and needed mending. He left Elsa broken, and even though she tried to stay away from him, like a moth to a flame, she was drawn to him. At first she said it was due to the fact that he had laid out an ultimatum for her: play the game or face my wrath. But in reality, the truth was that he had embedded himself so deeply within her heart, she had no other option but to be drawn to him once again. But two broken pieces don't necessarily always fit together and can wind up getting hurt if you try and force those pieces to fit. Elsa & Victor's tumultuous relationship isn't for the faint of heart, it's not your everyday fairytale love story with the usual Happily Ever After, but being the hopeless romantic that I am, I'm so happy with their growth and love that they fought to be able to move forward. Together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return to Grace Street.

December 30, 2014 – Started Reading