Liane Marie's Reviews > האריה שאהב תות

האריה שאהב תות by Tirtza Atar

Age: 2-6+ years

Synopsis: A lion with finicky eating habits experiences the ups and downs of eating too many strawberries.

Bilingual benefit: This humorous Hebrew language picture book, which is a top read in preschools and homes in Israel, encourages picky eaters to explore new foods. The story features popular Israeli food items, such as kebab (קבב) and artik (ארטיק), as well as the Hebrew version of “yucky” - “fooyah” (פויה).

Availability in Israel: As this Hebrew language book is very popular in Israel, you can easily find it in the major chains in Israel, Steimatzky and Tzomet Sfarim.

Previewing the book: A Google search of the Hebrew title of this book will yield quite a lot of excerpts, including videos of people reading it out loud.

Lil guy: A lion that exclaims “fooyah”! Hysterical. A regular read in general and one of the most frequently requested Hebrew books.

Mama: Highly recommended. As a non-native Hebrew speaker, the first time that I translated this book out loud into English, I misread “fooyah” as “pooyah,” which my son found just as funny. Due to this delightful book, we have added “fooyah” and its newly invented cousin, “pooyah,” to our family’s lexicon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read האריה שאהב תות.

Finished Reading