Lane Vance's Reviews > The Keys of the Watchmen

The Keys of the Watchmen by Kathleen C. Perrin

U 50x66

Engaging Writing, Immense Insights, Unique Perspectives

I rarely read fiction, but I was drawn to read this book! Thank you Kathleen for your engaging writing and your immense insight into this amazing site along with your unique perspectives. I enjoyed your believable touch connecting your characters: Katelyn and her brother Jackson on the front end; Katelyn with her father and his new French wife; and my favorite - Katelyn with Jean and Nicolas working together in the heart of the matter. You wove the threads of a 21st century young woman and some intriguing French history (the 100 Years War) and the particulars of Mont Saint Michele and details about 15th century life during the conflict - along with time travel, discerning evil, and making solid right choices - into a beautiful tapestry. Thank you for sharing your perspective into how the people of Europe and the French specifically view Mont Saint Michele - legend and history and faith and powerful Michael the Archangel. I appreciated the pace of the last half of the book - I could not put it down. While the book is certainly appropriate for youth (thanks for no vampires or werewolves), I would recommend it for youth and adults. Congratulations and much success!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Keys of the Watchmen.

Finished Reading