Suede's Reviews > The Tenth Circle

U 50x66
Jan 02, 2008

did not like it
Read in December, 2007

Jodi, Jodi, Jodi. We need to talk. I like you, I really really do. I think you are a fun girl to fly with, and I like hanging out with you when no one else is around to make fun of me when they see us together. But I feel as though our relationship is going the way of Beatrice Sparks. I mean, we really hit it off with My Sister's Keeper. And that first meeting was soooooo gooooood. But this relationship has taken a serious nose dive. 10th Circle, wha? Are you on drugs? Did you have a lobotomy? Whatever it is, Jodi, you can tell me. Help me help you. I don't want to lose you the way I lost Bea.
Sincerly,
Liz

P.S. I'm having a party this weekend, and we will be playing Rainbow. Let me know if you want to go. The boys still think you are a hottie, and most of them only care about one thing (and it's not your writing, thankfully!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tenth Circle.

Melissa I think your review is hilarious! You have a great sense of humor… and I could not agree more with your review. I loved My Sisters Keeper, but this one was hard to finish. It just went on and on and on and on and...
I just read 19 Minuets. But it (for me) was the same way. I have The Pact to read but I think I need to take a JP break after two not so fabulous reads.

Thanks for the laugh!

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Benson Thanks for the humorous review and I agree! This was the worst Jodi Picoult novel I've read. I had a hard time getting through it but I forced myself and now I'm wondering why. YUCK! I'm not ready to give up on Jodi yet as I'm a huge fan of her writing.

Barbara YOU should be a writer! That was hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Benson And the movie is out on Lifetime soon. I don't even think I can watch it. I was pretty excited to have sold (unloaded is more like it) my copy on half.com.

Emily Lindsay That was hilarious!

message 6: by Mary (new) - rated it 1 star

Mary Your review was the only thing positive and entertaining regarding The Tenth Circle. Oh how painful a read that was!

Kristi Lawrence You captured my sentiments exactly about Jodi and this horrid trash.

message 8: by Harriet (new) - added it

Harriet Towey I'm only a chapter in but I agree that, compared to MSK this is awful. That characters are 2d and unoriginal, the situations cliche and unrealistic and the right lacks any hint of subtly. I mean she said a character tasted of indecision. Emotions don't have taste! As bad as Stepehenie Meyer.

Suede Oooohhhh love that you related this to Stephanie Meyer. Totally agree.

message 10: by David (new)

David King Okay, then. I'll sneak back into the girl's locker room and replace Circle without reading one lagging page or, heaven forbid, being seen with it.

message 11: by David (new)

David King Just ribbin' ya. I bravely went forward and read many other reviews.

Crystal Thili This review is funny, but my opinion is the opposite. My Sister's Keeper was good, but I had to force myself through some of it. The Tenth Circle, on the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed.

Hannah They do this thing called ...running a train? So rainbow could be real. Still, I didn't lime this book even though I've liked all her others that I have read.

Amber This is one of the best reviews I ever read. In all honesty, I agree with you. Her books are always a hit or miss with me.

Mistie Dawn Perfectly written Emily. lol. I also found it worth reading but dragging on and on....perfect review

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 1 star

Lisa I gave this book a one star too. Would give it zero if that was an option. Awful book.

Charlize Ferguson I love this book I am a little under hundred pages find he'd with the book and I can't wait to finish it and recommend it to my friends and family

message 18: by Lee (new)

Lee Ann Just read this book for our book group and was very dissapointed. Too many unrealistic threads running through the story, too many unbelievable characters without depth and a story line that couldn't hold my interest. I managed to finish it but now have to laugh about returning from work to find that my cat had thrown up on my book. I guess she didn't like it either.