Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > Daomu: The Complete Saga

Daomu by Colin  Johnson

bookshelves: read-2014

Sean Wu meets his father for the first time in ten years. But they don’t get much time together before Sean’s father is killed by a mysterious assassinator. Before Sean’s father died he told him to travel to China and burn a coffin that he has in the basement of his house. But when he comes to China he meets his uncle and he discovers he is the heir to a family of protectors of tombs. They are the Daomu! Now he must take his father's place...and the first task is to find a special skull...

The art in this graphic novel is splendid. I wish I had it in paper form so that instead of reading it on my computer/iPad I could browse through the pages and really enjoy the glorious art.

The story is full of adventure and some horror and even though I was a bit confused about what was going on sometimes I still enjoyed the graphic novel immensely.   Think Indiana Jones but with a lot more creepy monsters.

I recommend this graphic novel to anyone that likes adventure and really good looking graphics novels.

This graphic novel is based on the best-selling Chinese novel series Daomu Journal written by Xu “Kennedy” Lei.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daomu.

December 28, 2014 – Started Reading
December 28, 2014 – Shelved
December 28, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read-netgalley-edelweiss
page 12
4.92% "The cover was a bit meh for me...thankfully the inside art is beautiful!"
page 88
36.07% "HOLY SHIT!\n "
page 144
59.02% "This is the kind of graphic novel I would rather have read in paper format than on the computer. I miss the feeling of browsing through the pages and feeling the paper and seeing the wonderful art on paper...ahhh"
December 28, 2014 – Finished Reading