Sandy Nawrot's Reviews > Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Dec 28, 2014

bookshelves: audio

This is the third installment of The Raven Cycle series, and I believe that the fourth will be the final one. I've rated these books all four stars, but as a whole they add up to more than the sum of their parts. Stiefvater is absolutely amazing in creating teenage chemistry and friendship bonds, but also is spinning a whole world of enchantment here...dreams that come to life, leylines, kings that have been sleeping for hundreds of years waiting to be awoken, caves, a badass old Camaro, and a group of kids gifted in ways that allow them to chase down all of this lore. Yes, this is a whole huge melting pot of supernatural, which doesn't always sit well with me, but Stiefvater makes it work. She adds history into the story that lends credibility. She also does not sugarcoat things. People die, curse words are uttered, hearts are broken. This is my brand of Young Adult literature.

If you have the chance to experience this series on audio, I would highly encourage it. Will Patton narrates them all, and he is amazing. He sings, he croaks, he whispers. He puts on a real show and brings it to life.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Lily, Lily Blue.

December 28, 2014 – Started Reading