Donna's Reviews > Afterlight

Jul 30, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-read
Read from October 25 to 26, 2010

My rating: 4.5 stars

Afterlight's plot and world building kept my interests with a few added twists to the traditional version of vampires plus a dose of hoodoo in the form the Gullah. It was a fast paced, exciting story filled with dark and gritty, sometimes depraved, moments that features a goth-like tough heroine, Riley Poe (I love her name, it rolls of the tongue just right), who has led a life in the fast lane of drugs as a rebellious teen and learned her lessons well from those dark haunting experiences.

When her brother falls in with the dangerous and arcane Arcos brothers, Riley's not afraid to play dirty or jump back into her old life to get her brother back, she's head strong about doing whatever it takes. The romance and sexual tension build up between Eil Dupres and Riley was a sensuous torture to read, full of teasing passion, and I loved every single minute of it. The secondary characters are a terrific cast for this book, all having their own unique personality quirks.

I will most definitely be reading the next book in the serious.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afterlight.

10/25/2010 "I've been wanting to read this one for a good while. Love the cover! :)" 3 comments
10/26/2010 page 181
54.0% "The tension between Riley and Eli is TIGHT!! I'm on pin and needles here..."