Caro Richard 's Reviews > Souls Unfractured

Souls Unfractured by Tillie Cole

19879896

Firstly, I have wrote and rewrote this review about 3 times – nothing I say feels like I am doing Flame, Maddie & Tillie justice! This book is just so good, Tillie Cole must have poured her heart and soul into writing this!

2 words : DESTROYED.EMOTIONALLY.

If you have read the other Hangmen books (and you definitely should!), then you know this is going to hit you right in the heart…and it does, it tears your heart out!

Flame – oh god Flame
Maddie – oh god Maddie

Up to chapter 4 – lump in my throat the size of a continent
Chapter 8 – this book is killing my hardened heart
Chapter ‘11’ – 11, yes 11……
And it goes on, every chapter revealing more, the lump in my throat is getting bigger and bigger and I thought it might actually burst!

These 2 people, Flame and Maddie have just had the worst happen to them in their lives, they are so damaged and then they find each other, it was heartbreaking, breathtaking and beautiful all at the same time. They are each other’s light. ‘I don’t feel the flames when you’re near’.

You see the characters from the previous books (Styx, love him) and you see a little more of what I hope to be future characters books (AK please!) You see more of their strong brotherhood, their bonded relationships and you just know you want to read more and more about them all – this is what I love about this series, all of the characters are intriguing.

What I loved about this book is that I didn’t fall in love with Flame in the ‘biblical’ sense (I am fickle, I have a new BBF every day!) but not Flame, I wanted to mother him, to look after him, to save him…but Maddie beat me to it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Souls Unfractured.

December 28, 2014 – Shelved