Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)'s Reviews > The Marriage Match

The Marriage Match by Tracy March

Dec 27, 2014

bookshelves: netgalley, arc, 4-stars

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I adore Tracy March's books. They are just feel good stories that put me in a good mood and this one is no exception.

Cynthia, or Cyn for short, is the personal assistant for the town matriarch, Ms. Hawthorne. Ms. Hawthorne has come up with the crazy idea that her grandson Trent needs to find a wife and soon. As part of her job, Cynthia ends up being the one who is in charge of the "Bachelor' style marketing campaign that will not only find a wife for Trent, but double as the new marketing campaign for the family's hotel chain. The hotels are in gorgeous locations and the women Ms. Hawthorne have picked to be her possible future granddaughter in law seem to be perfect for Trent, so what could go wrong?

I loved Cynthia. She is a smart, funny and down to earth chick. As a teenager she was a bit of a wild child, and by helping Ms. Hawthorne with her plan, she is hoping to right some wrongs from her past. And while at first she may not have Trent's best interest at heart, you can't really blame her for that. Fortunately, the more she gets to know Trent, the more she really does want him to be happy.

Then there is Trent. I really liked him. I was worried that he may be an entitled snob, but that he was the complete opposite. Most people probably wouldn't go along with the plan his grandmother came up with, but Trent did. Talk about a good sport. I think he won me over the first time he sat in from of a camera and answered questions.

Have I ever been in love? “Not like I’m going to be. I mean, I’m really open to it. Really hoping…”

A spring breeze stirred the leaves in the wax myrtle hedge behind him, cooling the flush that had broken out on his skin.

“Hoping for what, exactly?” Jamie asked.

Trent raced to gather his thoughts during a long silence.

“For someone who captivates me with every little thing about her. Someone who makes me want to be better than I am— perfect for her. For a love that will spark hot and keep burning, the embers always ready to flare.”

Trent and Cynthia become fast friends. They have a great connection that they both start to realize they could become more, but unfortunately Cynthia is not one of Trent's grandmother's choices so she is out of the question. Or is she?

Since this is part of a series, characters from previous books show up throughout the book. I always enjoy seeing how the couples are doing and how they fit into the current story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Marriage Match.

December 27, 2014 – Started Reading