Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > Medium Dead

Medium Dead by Paula Paul

Dec 27, 2014

it was ok
bookshelves: read-2015

Paula Paul has written a very easy to read book. At least, that's my experience with this book. There is something so pleasant with a book that is so well-written that time just flies. But (here it comes) the story wasn't equally good and that's a bit of a drawback with the book. The mystery wasn't that terribly interesting. Queen Victoria as a suspect for murders that should really be something special to read about, but it wasn't. The thing that really felt as a hinder when I read the book that it felt so obvious that nor the queen or the other suspects were the murderer that, it had to be someone else. At least, that is what I got from the story. Also, I'm sorry to say, Alexandra Gladstone, not very interesting characters, a female doctor in that time should be more interesting to read about than it was.

But I would read more from Paula Paul, just for the sake of seeing if her other books are better than this was and because I did enjoy her way of writing. I just wanted (needed) a must deeper and intense story than I got.

I received a copy from the publisher and TLC Book Tours in return for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Medium Dead.

December 27, 2014 – Shelved
December 27, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read-netgalley-edelweiss
January 11, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read-blog-tour
April 12, 2015 – Started Reading
April 12, 2015 –
April 12, 2015 –
52.0% "Easy to read, but not that terrible interesting...at least it's a short book."
April 12, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015