Hoku Ho's Reviews > The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Laura Schlessinger

F 50x66
Jan 01, 2008

Recommended for: Women looking to recharge their relationship with or learn more about the psyche of their husband.
Read in January, 2004

I really found this book to be helpful. There is a lot of popular opinion out there about the roles of a man vs. a woman in a marriage, many of them promoting entitlement and selfishness in women. What is refreshing about this book is that Dr. Laura doesn't coddle her readers...she calls women to the carpet for their role in the deterioration of the quality and excitement of their marriages.
The best thing about this book, however, is the way she helps explain the power that women have over their own destinies...their ability to get the results they crave from their husbands with simple and easily implementable tweaks to their actions and words and attitudes when they interact with their spouse. I found it to be very fair, logical, and practical...and the results were IMMEDIATE! It really made a huge difference in my marriage, which at the time was only experiencing light growing pains. But it really has helped me create good habits in the way that I interact with my husband, and consequently, the way he interacts with me.
If you think your marriage could use a little boost, or if you would just like to learn about the way a male mind works and relates to his wife, I would highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands.

03/16/2016 marked as: read